Ruggedized Fusion Splicer FSM-18S from Fujikura
The FSM-18S Fusion Splicer is a low cost, fixed V-groove, single fiber fusion splicer with the same robust features offered in other high end models. The new rugged construction adds improved reliability by resisting shock, dust, and rain, and withstands a 30” drop test.
New features such as automatic tube heater operation, user-selectable clamping method (sheath clamp or fiber holder system), automated monitor image orientation, and battery charge capability during splicer operation provide the end user a reliable productivity tool. New software is included with each splicer and provides the user with the ability to download splice data to a PC for splice data reporting, download splicer operating software via the internet to maintain peak performance, and download video images from the splicer to enhance technical support.
• Rugged construction providing shock, dust and moisture resistance
• Dual monitor position with automatic image orientation
• Automatic arc calibration
• User-selectable fiber clamping method – sheath clamp or fiber holders
• Auto-start tube heater
• Color LCD display with anti-reflective coating for excellent visibility in bright sunlight
• Simultaneous battery charge and splicer operation
• Long life battery (up to 90 splice/heat cycles per charge)
• Detachable work table incorporated into the transit case
• Data and video download software and splicer upgrade software included; software upgrades through PC application via the internet.
• Green friendly – RoHS & WEEE compliant